CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 6, 2012

Pantry Face Lift!

Yesterday was the shopping trip, today was make-over day! I've been thinking about organizing this space since last fall, at least! I've been waiting for summer to finally get it done. I am so happy that I did!

My pantry was stocked full of stuff---and while it started out organized, over the past 2 years it's become anything BUT organized. Whenever I re-do a space, the first thing I do it completely empty it! 
It looks like this in the process....but I have a vision for the end result! 



I had all my containers already purchased, so I put them in place for a quick check to see how they fit and find the right place for each one. I did my shopping at T.J. Maxx & Target. I scan the kitchen & houseware aisles first...but know that I can almost always find containers in other unexpected places....like jewelry organizers or shoe boxes :) Yes, for the panty! 


I bought the wire baskets at T.J. Maxx for about $7 each! 
The glass jars came in a set from Target.
The black Sterilite baskets were about $3/ea at Target. 
And the red canvas shoe box was at Target---I'm using it for spice packets! 



I also found this great fabric covered jewelry organizer @ T.J. Maxx.
It's going to separate/organize my bottles of spices and seasonings! I love a good re-purpose of items! 


And---I tried to find cute containers---it just adds some colors & fun! 

Then...I organized everything by "like items"...
PB&J at kids level---make your own sammich, darlings! 



Cereal & breakfast items also at child level---
just in case Mommy needs to sleep in every now and again! :) 


The baskets are working great for boxed items! 


I made labels for my baskets (I was not in love with the black baskets, but wanted to keep the colors toned down do it didn't look like a dorm room make-over...and added a pop of color with the ribbons and tags. 




...and I used my Circuit to make these great labels out of chalkboard vinyl! 
LOVE! 








(Also within kids' reach, of course! 
How else are you supposed to create self-sufficient, independent little people?!?!)



~ Voila! ~ 
...another summer project crossed off the To Do list! :) 
Thank you Pinterest for inspiring and motivating me!! 

1 comments:

TB

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE :)

Post a Comment